With a careful balance of ingredients and a steady attention to detail, gardening is a lot like cooking; with the key difference being the use of solar power, as opposed to an oven or a stove.So if one was inclined to take the fundamentals of gardening and apply them to a strategy for operating a successful nursery and garden center, what would that look like?
Let’s find out!
Plant in the Sun
Location is everything when opening a business, because without a prime spot, your customer flow (and growth) will be hindered, so you need to consider several factors when searching for prime commercial real estate, like…
- How much the rent/mortgage (if you are buying a lot) costs
- Do you have enough space?
- Is the location in a high-traffic area?
- Is the neighborhood safe?
- Is there neighboring competition?